Working with parents and carers, young people individually or parent/carers jointly with their child I specialise in supporting concerns such as Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, Phobias, Self Esteem, Low Mood and Behaviour.
Having personal experience of living with a child with Asperger’s Syndrome and a neuro typical child I know the challenges (and joys) family life can bring. Working with my own children and other families I have seen what a difference learning and using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Coaching techniques can make to your life.
Cognitive Coaching combines these two elements to support the parent/carer and the child, in making everyday life easier and more positive.
You may need specific support relating to anxiety, self-esteem, anger management, depression concerns, phobias, sensory issues or want support to improve general behaviour and learn new techniques.
Cognitive Coaching is about working together to teach you effective strategies to help with the difficulties you are experiencing.
Together we will:
- Set an agenda and goal to ensure aims are met and the programme is tailored to your specific needs.
- Discuss and practise Cognitive Behavioural skills which you can use such as thought stopping, guided discovery, rigid/flexible thinking and cognitive distortion techniques. We will adapt each skill appropriately to suit your child’s age and area of concern.
- Work on additional specific skills and strategies relating to your main concern (anxiety, phobia, sensory, feeling low)
- Use strategies to promote positive behaviour, set up routines, consistency and teach your child ways of expressing how they are feeling. This can be used to also support siblings.
- Look at self-management to continue skills developing long term.
How does it work?
At our initial session we will use the time to get to know each other and learn about your child and family life. We will discuss the main area you need support with and set a goal.
Initial Session cost: £35.00.
After this initial session you can then decide to book individual sessions at £45.00 each. Discounts are available for block bookings of 4 or more sessions.
For specific concerns such as depression, phobias and anxiety it is likely that further sessions would be required.
All session fees must be paid for in advance. Sessions are currently available on Thursdays & Fridays.
Cognitive Coaching sessions will either take place at consultancy rooms in Biggleswade, Beds or in your home environment. Each session lasts 45 minutes and although flexible, sessions are usually booked weekly or fortnightly.
Cancellations: If possible please give at least 48 hours’ notice if you need to cancel a session. Fees cannot be refunded but an alternative date for the session will be arranged.